US Department of Veterans Affairs | Whiting and Bruner

US Department of Veterans Affairs


The US Department of Veterans Affairs was designed to offer programs for veterans and their families. These programs offer educational opportunities, rehabilitation services, compensation payments for disabilities, healthcare, and much more to veterans, service members, and their families.


Often times, navigating the resources provided by the VA is much easier when employing an attorney. There are several regulations, time limits, documents, and other nuances that make working with the VA a challenge – consider working with a team like Whiting and Bruner.




As a veteran, you are covered for regular checkups with your primary care provider and appointment specialists, you just need to make sure you are eligible and apply. Most programs in the VA have certain eligibility requirements that you must meet before being approved. The healthcare program requires that you actively served in the military, naval, or air service and did not receive a dishonorable discharge.


When applying for your VA healthcare, you will need to provide certain documents and information in order to support your claim.




While the purpose of many USD Veterans Affairs programs was honorable, their implementation has not always been high quality. Some healthcare services for veterans have been lacking and led to medical malpractice claims. Luckily, there is a way for veterans to claim benefits in instances where malpractice has occurred.


Disability Compensation is a program that provides a monthly tax-free payment to veterans who got sick or injured while serving in the military. Individuals qualify for these payments with physical conditions and mental health conditions that developed before, during, or after their service.


In order to start receiving payments, you must file a claim and submit supporting documents that prove you are eligible for the program. 




VA education benefits help veterans, service members, and their qualified family members with needs like paying college tuition, finding the right school or training program, and getting career counseling. Because of your service in the armed forces, you can receive support with your schooling under the GI Bill. 


Though, of course there are eligibility requirements and restrictions, you can use your GI Benefits in many different ways. Rates for tuition and books, studying in foreign programs, and even obtaining an undergraduate or graduate degree at higher learning institutions are all options under the GI Bill.


When you submit your claim for GI Bill benefits, you will need to provide information about the school or training facility you plan to attend or are attending now. Your military record will also be under review to ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements.


Learn More About Whiting and Bruner


Whiting and Bruner specialize in VA law and know how to navigate the challenges that are presented when filing claims and cases against the VA. In many cases, attorneys such as Whiting and Bruner make filing your claims and/or joining the different programs with the VA much easier.


Learn more about how Whiting and Bruner can help you in your case against the VA – give us a call today.